You are here
Community Food Access Program
The New York City Coalition Against Hunger works hard to make nutritious fresh food more available and affordable in low-income neighborhoods.
- We have conducted research and advocacy to support food jobs programs. (Click here for more info)
- We fought hard against special interests - and won - in the battle to locate more fresh produce carts in low-income neighborhoods. (Click here for more info)
- We sponsor six of our Farm Fresh CSAs in low-income neighborhoods, which subsidize fresh produce purchases with scholarships and food stamp benefits.
- We pioneered state of the art mapping of food resources in low-income neighborhoods. (Click here for more info)
- We work hard to ensure that all low-income neighborhoods have free summer meal sites for children. (Click here for more info)