- Advocating & Researching for Anti-Hunger Policies
- Increasing Access to Food & Benefits
- Benefits Access Program
- Child Nutrition Program
- Farm Fresh Food Access Program
- Hunger-Free Communities Program
- Assisting Soup Kitchens & Food Pantries
- AmeriCorps Service Programs
You are here
United Way FCAP Project
The United Way of New York City's Food Card Access Project (FCAP) - NYCCAH has been a partner in FCAP since its inception in 2003. Our role is to identify appropriate sites throughout the project catchment area where community-based groups can perform food stamps pre-screenings, inform individuals of their potential eligibility for food stamps and provide them with options for submitting an application. NYCCAH has helped to coordinate food stamps pre-screening activities at over 600 locations, including hospitals, health clinics, schools, public libraries, supermarkets, senior centers and banks, as well as at soup kitchens and food pantries.
Call Jim Wengler at 212.825.0028 x218 (email: email@example.com) for more information about this project.