- Advocating & Researching for Anti-Hunger Policies
- Increasing Access to Food & Benefits
- Benefits Access Program
- Child Nutrition Program
- Farm Fresh Food Access Program
- Nutrition Outreach and Education Program (NOEP)
- Assisting Soup Kitchens & Food Pantries
- Support Food Secure NYC 2018
- AmeriCorps Service Programs
You are here
SNAP / Food Stamps POS Project
The Food Stamps Paperless Office System (POS) Project – a partnership between NYCCAH, the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) and host community-based organizations – allows eligible New Yorkers to apply, with assistance, for food stamps online at food pantries and soup kitchens throughout New York City.
Approximately 80% of clients applying at NYCCAH host sites receive benefits. Most applicants qualify for a waiver which allows them to forego a follow-up, in-person interview, a significant barrier for low-income working people unable to take time off to complete the application process.
Call NYCCAH for a food stamps-pre-screening at one of the numbers listed above to see if you may be able to submit an application at one of our community-based POS sites.