- Advocating & Researching for Anti-Hunger Policies
- Increasing Access to Food & Benefits
- Benefits Access Program
- Child Nutrition Program
- Farm Fresh Food Access Program
- Hunger-Free Communities Program
- Assisting Soup Kitchens & Food Pantries
- AmeriCorps Service Programs
You are here
Food Stamps POS Re-Cert Project
Are you currently receiving food stamps? Have you recently received a recertification notice in the mail and have a phone interview scheduled?
If so, NYCCAH’s Recertification Improvement Project (RIP) can help! With appointments now available at several community-based organizations, our staff will help you cut down on paperwork, submit the proper documents, and expedite the required interview process, ensuring that your household continues to receive vital nutrition benefits. This partnership, between NYCCAH and the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA), addresses the urgent need to help clients currently receiving food stamps to remain enrolled for the benefits for which they are eligible. At an appointment with our staff, clients can complete the recertification application by swiping their EBT card and submitting the required documents, thereby reducing administrative errors. Furthermore, clients may elect to have our staff serve as their authorized representative for the required follow-up phone interview with HRA, eliminating another step for clients and expediting the recertification process.
- Call Miguelina Diaz at 212.825.0028 x213 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jim Wengler at 212.825.0028 x218 (email: email@example.com) to schedule an appointment or for more information about this project.