You are here
The MLK Serve-a-Thon
And I submit that nothing will be done until people of goodwill put their bodies and their souls in motion.”– Martin Luther King, Jr., “Remaining Awake Through a Great Revolution,” 1968
For NYCCAH’s 14th annual MLK Day Serve-a-Thon on Monday, January 19, 2015, we will honor Dr. King’s legacy as a civil rights and anti-poverty leader and activist by putting volunteers “in motion” throughout the city to help advance food security in our communities. Our volunteer activities – including community outreach and civic engagement – promote long-term solutions to hunger.
We encourage you to #ServeWithImpact and join us on MLK Day!
Volunteer activities will include:
· SNAP Outreach (formerly, food stamps)
· WIC Outreach (nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children)
· Direct Food Service
· Virtual Food Drive
· Civic Engagement Workshops
To volunteer, please submit an inquiry form – electronic forms are available for both groups and individual volunteers.
· If you are inquiring for a GROUP, please use: http://goo.gl/forms/jpqpfPABG4
· If you are inquiring for yourself, please use the INVIDIDUAL VOLUNTEER form here: http://goo.gl/forms/sBAIKWbZMc
· To request the form as a Word doc please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to join us on MLK Day, you can host a Virtual Food Drive!
Virtual Food Drives are a great way to make an impact that goes beyond a traditional food drive. You can customize your Food Drive webpage with your own fundraising goal, and then challenge your friends, family, and coworkers to help you meet your goal. By raising funds for NYCCAH’s vital programs, you can help ensure that residents have the food they need long-term.
More information about how to host a Virtual Food Drive coming soon! If you have questions, please email email@example.com.